Understanding multi-directional speed starts with letting go of all your preconceived notions.
- Forget that you can break down every little aspect of movement which is based on sensory feedback and immediate reaction to that feedback.
- Forget that you can pre-program exactly how you want an athlete to move using a training tool.
- Forget that you can stop reactive repositioning of the feet and implement rehearsed movement when the body needs angles to produce quick force.
- Correct body positions based off the natural reactive movements- fix bad foot positions, fix sloppy shoulders, fix poor posture.
- Correct arm action and leg action mechanics and intensity.
I have said it before and will say it again…Start watching your athletes move and they will teach you what you need to know.
To learn more about this topic pick up a copy of Ground Breaking 2, today!