Lee Taft’s Jump Start Speed Clinic
The Jump Start Speed Clinics are created and designed using Lee’s years of teaching experience and proven systems for multi-directional speed training.
Since the early ’90s, he has directed hundreds of camps and clinics. Through these experiences, Lee has discovered the pros and cons of the various styles and systems. He made notes of what coaches and athletes wanted and needed.
The Two Overlying Area Coaches and Athletes Shared with Him Were:
- Shorter Time Commitments
- Less Fluff and More Substance
Jump Start Speed Clinic for Athletes
The Jump Start Speed Clinic for Athletes is for athletes in grades 6-12 and any sport. Clinics are two hours long. A minimum number of athletes are required.
Why Will Athletes Benefit from the Jump Start Speed Clinic?
- Athletes will be instructed on the “How” and the “Why.” Athletes will walk away with empowerment.
- The skills athletes will learn to sharpen their cutting and change of direction regardless of their sport or position.
- Each athlete will discover that acceleration, in any direction, is a product of body position and where to push. It is amazing to see the “light bulbs” go on after learning the techniques.
- The exact same techniques that will increase their change of direction ability will drastically reduce the potential for silly ankle sprains and knee injuries.
- When the athletes understand how “reacting” from the proper posture and stance setup will allow them to explode out of their stance much faster, they will be sold on doing things the right way.
Jump Start Speed Clinic for Coaches
The Jump Start Speed Clinic for Coaches is for any sport or performance coach. Clinics are two hours long. The workshop is designed to break down the important components of teaching speed.
How Will Coaches Benefit?
- Knowing more drills is cool, but knowing why, when, and how to implement the correct drill for the skill is key.
- Discover how simple yet effective cues are. Cues get the job done better than spending five minutes on a long-drawn-out explanation. Cues are killer!
- Learn to select appropriate exercises during the in-season to peak speed and quickness without inducing unwanted fatigue.
- How to program speed and agility right from the warm-up prep phase to anytime throughout your practice.
- How to put together a program that focuses on reactive speed training and corrective speed training.
- How to develop a template to quickly and easily create daily training programs.
- And, so many more benefits will be learned…
Coaches Will Learn the Following:
- A system of what to look for when assessing multi-directional speed movement and max velocity sprinting.
- How to program a daily, weekly, and multiple-week program.
- How to use the Reactive Tier System for Speed to maximize athlete’s potential.
- How to use external cuing techniques to help athletes learn and “feel” movements. Simple assessment to identify movement landmarks during speed skills.
- Straightforward strategies to know what corrective drills to use for a specific skill
- Coaches will get the benefit of helping during the athletes’ Jump Start Speed Clinic to gain firsthand experience and learn from the lead coach and assistance.
- Q and A
For even more specific details on hosting a Jump Start Speed Clinic, contact email@example.com
Here’s What a Few Coaches had to Say…
“The Jump Start Speed Clinic does exactly what the name suggests; it gives athletes and coaches a great start to learning quick drills and skills to get athletes faster! We were fortunate to have Lee run a clinic, with his demoing daughter Jae, with approximately 50 of our female multi-sport athletes grades 7-12, some novice and some more elite. All of the girls came away feeling energized about being better movers! Our coaches left with a toolbox of drills and cue words to reinforce with the athletes in practice.”
-Erin Lloyd, (Varsity Field Hockey & Varsity Girl’s Lacrosse), Schuylerville, NY
“We recently invited Lee Taft to the Corinth School District for a two-hour speed clinic. Our population of athletes consisted of an array of students in grades 7 – 12. As a Varsity coach, Athletic Director, and Physical Educator, it was refreshing to see over 50 students working hard, learning proper techniques, and loving the way Lee presented. Lee brings expertise in so many areas of speed training. He is an incredible motivator who trains with great intensity and expects the same intensity from each student-athlete. I firmly believe that if any coach is willing and ready to take their athletic programs to the next level, then Lee is the person that will get you there. We would welcome Lee back with open arms, as would all our student-athletes. Thank you, Lee Taft.”
-Hilary Haskell, (Athletic Director), Corinth High School, Corinth, NY
“I have been to a few clinics with Lee Taft and am always been amazed at his teaching ability. It does not matter the age of the participants, from the youngest to college-level athletes, and he can reach them all. He doesn’t just put athletes thru drills he breaks down the what, why, how, when, and where of each movement so all can learn. All athletes can benefit from his training. He will make you a better athlete.”
-Kris Simpson, (Former Professional Basketball player), Basketball Coach
“All athletes can benefit from Lee Taft’s training. He has spent many years developing the skills necessary to develop ALL athletes to move better. There is never a wasted teaching moment, and his innate ability to reach all levels of athletes is the best I have ever seen. The guy is known worldwide for a reason HE GETS RESULTS!”
-Rod Root, Sports Performance Coach, Teamwork Bloomington