Coaching has always come natural to Lee, and it is what he enjoys most about his career: Helping people learn.
Lee speaks all over the world teaching coaches and fitness professionals. He is regarded as one of the top instructors of multi-directional speed training in the sports performance profession. Lee is not only a creator of athletic movement concepts , but he is also one of the leading teachers of athletic movement. For these reasons, Lee is consistently asked to perform workshops and clinics for schools and organizations all over the world. A coach of coaches, Lee teaches more than just his techniques, he shares his art of coaching with others.
Although he enjoys instructing adults, Lee thrives on working with youth. You can choose from combines, speed camps, and sport specific camps for your young athletes. These events can even be turned into fund-raising events for your organization.
Consulting Options Lee Offers
Lee is frequently asked to teach his multi-directional speed training techniques and methods and multi-directional programming . He is often hired by college strength & conditioning departments, secondary schools, sports performance businesses, travel and club teams, professional organizations, youth organizations and fitness clubs. The tabs below show a highlight of the ways Lee can help you and your organization.
- Full Day Workshop
- 3-Day Speed & Performance Retreat
- Jump Start Speed Clinic
- Coaches Growth Development
Lee Taft’s Full Day Workshop
This option is available for local or distant presentations and can be scheduled for 4-5 hours in length per day. Additional days can be added.
With Lee’s highly dynamic Full Day Workshop, you won’t be sitting in a chair all day listening to someone speak. Lee will involve you in a learning based approach on a practical, lecture and open discussion format. Lee’s workshops are set up to give you as much learning and experience as possible. You will walk away having an energized approach to training and gain the practical knowledge to make it happen.
Presentations can include the following:
- Complete warm up system.
- Neuromuscular system priming with Fast Feet Training Methods.
- Multi-directional speed deceleration techniques.
- How to implement Lee’s powerful Medicine Ball Fake Throw Program.
- How to use Low Box Training to masterfully change how athletes change force absorption and production angles.
- How to assess and measure athletes with fun and effective testing models.
- How to use stability landings to train athletes to quickly gain athletic stiffness for great body control.
- Proper jumping and landing training.
- Using Tag and speed games to create competitive speed atmosphere to instantly assess efficient movement.
- Strength training program and lifting technique workshop is upon request.
- Other areas of speed development can be included upon request.
“Lee Taft is a student of athletic movement and is blessed with the ability to see through the complexity of the limitless variations of on field movements that occur in sport and find the common skills that allow for success. The workshop he put on for our staff really drove home the point that coaching movement is about “skills not drills”. He gave us a new perspective on what to look for when watching athletes perform in their sport and during workouts and how we can better tie the two together by creating situations in training that are more competitive, natural and realistic but still require specific technical execution and coaching. We took away concepts that we can easily apply immediately make our off season training more effective.”
-Paul Jackson, Director of Football S&C, Ole Miss Rebels
“Lee performed a two day course at our facility last year. We are a Physical Therapy and Fitness company with multiple locations. He designed a lecture that was pertinent to the Physical Therapist and our Personal Trainers. His knowledge, understanding, enthusiasm and most important his ability to breakdown human movement into simplistic forms made this weekend course truly amazing. We still use many of the exercises, concepts and teaching methods that we learned that weekend. If you are thinking about having Lee come to your facility you couldn’t ask for a better speaker and deliver of this information. He is the Best!”
-Greg Besson, MSPT, Partner at Moore Physical Therapy and Fitness
“Lee Taft is my go-to guy when it comes to multi-directional and true “sports speed” development. Other guys can build get track athletes, but I’m not sure there’s anyone better than Lee when it comes to teaching how to be fast on the court or field.
The best part about Lee is that he’s developed a true system. This isn’t one-size-fits-all – it’s a system that includes progressions and regressions to make sure each and every athlete is getting the best possible result.
Quite simply, I can’t recommend anyone more highly than Lee Taft.”
– Mike Robertson, Strength Coach, Speaker, Consultant, Co-Owner of IFAST
“Lee delivered a great hands-on training session for our coaches that helped us refine our multi-directional speed movement curriculum. Walking though Lee’s teaching progressions for developing and improving multi-directional speed was very valuable for us. We look forward to continuing the relationship we have established with him.”
– Teena Murray, Sr. Director, Athlete Health & Performance, Sacramento Kings
Lee Taft’s 3-Day Speed and Performance Retreat
Experiencing this small group setting is unlike any seminar or clinic out there! Spend three days as a guest in Lee’s home immersed in sharing ideas, learning from one another, and discovering what our eyes see during speed assessment modules.
Only 7 are invited to attend each retreat. This helps maintain the small, intimate group setting.
- Lectures will include power point presentations, along with video analysis and breakdown.
- Hands-on practical application.
- Instructional practice to polish in your teaching skills, cuing, and assessment ability.
- Participate in multiple warm up routines, active walk-talks, and sprint mechanic sessions.
- Earn a certificate as a Multi-Directional Speed Instructor (MDS-I).
- Receive a binder with detailed information of everything we cover over the retreat.
- Receive a gift bag with awesome surprises!
- All meals will be served at our home, as well as snacks and smoothies.
Each day we will have discussion on topics ranging from coaching methods, biomechanics, evaluation of speed via video, programming, cuing and feedback, and more…
Throughout the three days, you will be coached and required to participate in all multi-directional speed patterns and sprint mechanics. Patterns such as linear and lateral acceleration and deceleration, change of direction mechanics, retreating patterns and mechanics, jumping and landing variations and sequences, max velocity mechanics, and posture work.
You will also be coached and required to participate in various strength patterns in order to have a complete understanding of movement efficiency.
Every morning and afternoon you will participate in 20-minute routines designed to educate, but also prepare your body and mind for a long day of learning and activity. We will perform various mobility, core, stability, activation, and low-level strength.
Lee will line up professionals to speak to for 45-60 minutes sessions.
Possible topics include:
- The use of KB training for the HS Athletes
- Velocity Based Training
- Teaching the Deadlift.
You will earn a certificate as a Multi-Directional Speed Instructor (MSD-I). This certifies that you have participated in the Lee Taft 3-Day Speed and Performance Retreat.
Please contact email@example.com for dates, additional details, retreat fee.
“Lee’s retreat was one of the best educational experiences I’ve had. His honest and authentic approach emphasizes mastering the fundamental movements that apply to all athletes regardless of sport. The way he taught us how to assess, identify, and correct mechanical deficiencies during speed and agility work is something I have been able to put into practice immediately. I highly recommend this retreat to any coach or therapist regardless of what population you work with!”
– Dr. Trevor Rappa, Resilient Performance Physical Therapy, New York
“Unlike any other workshop, tons of knowledge and hands on drills along with creative strategies in an atmosphere that is like hanging out with your friends and talking shop! Don’t miss this!”
– Paul Hafner , Head Coach/Owner , Trident Fitness and Performance, New Jersey
“Lee covers a lot of directional speed stuff and went in depth with it as well. The combination of presentation, hands-on, and the learning environment is what makes this retreat so unique. What was beneficial was, we as a group of coaches, would discuss movements and situations we could apply those things in. I came all the way from Israel and it was worth every dollar and every minute I invested. I highly recommend to anyone who appreciates quality.”
– Amir Ashbel, Strength and Conditioning Coach, Israel
“The Speed and performance retreat was one of my highlights of the year! I truly thank lee for being a mentor to me. lee inspires me!”
– Will Lo, Strive Fitness, Hong Kong
Lee Taft’s Jump Start Speed Clinic
The Jump Start Speed Clinics are created and designed using Lee’s years of teaching experience and proven systems for multi-directional speed training.
Since the early 90’s, he has directed hundreds of camps and clinics. Through these experiences, Lee has discovered the pros and cons of the various styles and systems. He made notes of what coaches and athletes wanted and needed.
The two overlying area coaches and athletes shared with me were:
- Shorter time commitments.
- Less fluff and more substance.
Jump Start Speed Clinic for Athletes
The Jump Start Speed Clinic for Athletes is for athletes in grade 6-12 and any sport. Clinics are 2 hours long. A minimum number of athletes are required.
Why will Athletes Benefit from the Jump Start Speed Clinic?
- Athletes will be instructed, not only the “How”, but also the “Why”. Athletes will walk away with empowerment.
- The skills athletes will learn sharpen their cutting and change of direction regard less of their sport or position.
- Each athlete will discover that acceleration, in any direction, is a product of body position and where to push. It is amazing to see the “light bulbs” go on after learning the techniques.
- The exact same techniques that will increase their change of direction ability will drastically reduce the potential for silly ankle sprains and knee injuries.
- When the athletes understand how “reacting” from the proper posture and stance set up will allow them to explode out of their stance so much faster, then they will be sold on doing things the right way.
Jump Start Speed Clinic for Coaches
The Jump Start Speed Clinic for Coaches is for any sport or performance coach. Clinics are 2 hours long. Workshop is designed to breakdown the important components of teaching speed.
How will Coaches Benefit?
- Know more drills is cool, but knowing why, when, and how to implement the correct drill for the skill is key.
- Discover how simple, yet effective cues are. Cues get the job done better than spending five minutes on a long-drawn-out explanation. Cues are killer!
- Learn how to select appropriate exercises during the in-season to peak speed and quickness without inducing unwanted fatigue.
- How to program speed and agility right from the warm up prep-phase to anytime throughout your practice.
- How to put together a program that focuses on reactive speed training and corrective speed training.
- How to develop a template to quickly and easily create daily training programs.
- And, so many more benefits will be learned…
Coaches will Learn the Following:
- A system of what to look for when assessing multi-directional speed movement and max velocity sprinting.
- How to program a daily, weekly, and multiple week program.
- How to use the Reactive Tier System for Speed to maximize athlete’s potential.
- How to use external cuing techniques to help athletes learn and “feel” movements. Simple assessment to identify movement landmarks during speed skills.
- Straight forward strategies to know what corrective drills to use for a specific skill
- Coaches will get the benefit of helping during the athletes Jump Start Speed Clinic to gain firsthand experience and learn from the lead coach and assistance.
- Q and A
For even more specific details on hosting a Jump Start Speed Clinic, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
“The Jump Start Speed Clinic does exactly what the name suggests; gives athletes and coaches a great start to learning quick drills and skills to get athletes faster! We were fortunate to have Lee run a clinic, with his demoing daughter Jae, with approximately 50 of our female multi-sport, athletes’ grades 7-12, some novice and some more elite. All of the girls came away feeling energized about being better movers! Our coaches left with a toolbox of drills and cue words to reinforce with the athletes in practice.”
-Erin Lloyd, (Varsity Field Hockey & Varsity Girl’s Lacrosse), Schuylerville,NY
“We recently invited Lee Taft to the Corinth School District for a two-hour speed clinic. Our population of athletes consisted of an array of students in grades 7 – 12. As a Varsity coach, Athletic Director, and Physical Educator, it was refreshing to see over 50 students working hard, learning proper techniques, and loving the way Lee presented. Lee brings expertise in so many areas of speed training. He is an incredible motivator who trains with great intensity and expects the same intensity from each student athlete. I firmly believe that if any coach is willing and ready to take their athletic programs to the next level than Lee is the person that will get you there. We would welcome Lee back with open arms as would all our student athletes. Thank you, Lee Taft.”
-Hilary Haskell, (Athletic Director), Corinth High School, Corinth, NY
“I have been to a few clinics with Lee Taft and always amazed at his teaching ability. It does not matter the age of the participants from the youngest to college level athletes he can reach them all. He doesn’t just put athletes thru drills he breaks down the what, why, how, when, and where of each movement so all can learn. All athletes can benefit from his training, he will make you a better athlete.”
-Kris Simpson, (Former Professional Basketball player), Basketball Coach
“All athletes can benefit from Lee Taft’s training. He has spent many years developing the skills necessary to develop ALL athletes to move better. There is never a wasted teaching moment and his innate ability to reach all levels of athletes is the best I have ever seen. The guy is known world-wide for a reason HE GETS RESULTS!”
-Rod Root, Sports Performance Coach, Teamwork Bloomington
Coaches Growth Development
Information Coming Soon!
“Thank you for being an important part of are success. Your preparation and professionalism made for a quality presentation for our members have come to expect. We hope that you will think back with pride that you were a major player in this educational experience.”
– Molly Hare, Past President, IAHPERD
“Lee’s presentation on helping students achieve success is sure to inspire. Do yourself a favor and hire Lee to speak. You’ll be thankful you did!”
– James Malinchak, Co-Author, “Chicken Soup for the Athlete’s Soul, Co-Author Chicken Soup for the College Soul, Two-Time College Speaker of the Year”
“Lee is a proven expert on the field and an awesome coach from the platform. He will put your students on the FAST track to success!”
– Jonathan Sprinkles, National College Speaker of the Year, APCA, Author, “The 7 Secrets of Successful Student Leaders”
Now You Can Hire Lee
To request more information or to schedule a consultation with Lee about your organization or event, please fill out the form below.