Keep in mind when training athletes:
1. Train for mobility and stability so proper biomechanics is possible.
2. Train for skill development so efficiency of movement in all planes is possible.
3. Train force absorption so athletes can control and reserve efforts quickly and safely.
4. Train force production so athletes can accelerate as quickly as possible and as long as possible.
5. Train tactical awareness so athletes can “Play” smart.
6. Train “Fun” so you keep’em coming back.
An important foundation for all coaches to create is to teach athletic movement. Teach athletes how to move correctly. One of the best resources for this Ground Breaking 2.